– It wasn’t until I was in my mid-twenties that I decided to try writing a book. It took some time to learn the craft. In fact, over seven years to get published!
– I love T.V.! My favorite shows? Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Arrow, The Flash, Jane the Virgin, New Girl, Chasing Life, Downton Abbey, just to name a few. Favorite movies? The Bourne Trilogy, Pride and Prejudice (both versions), Captain America: The Winter Solider, Harry Potter, and a lot more.
– I also love to travel and learn about other cultures. I love other cultures so much that I even went to college to study Anthropology. Favorite places? I don’t think I can pick! Alaska, Ireland, England, Scotland, Hawaii…. All of them!
– I love to meditate and do yoga, but unfortunately for my peace of mind, I don’t do it nearly enough.
– I speak a little German. A little, and not very well.
– I really, really respect people who are non-judgmental, positive, kind, and never take things personally. These are the characteristics I constantly strive to achieve, although I many, many times fail!
Frequently asked Questions:
Can you read my manuscript/book?
– I can’t read your manuscript because I seriously don’t have the time, and legally it’s just not a smart thing to do. Find a trusted critique partner, or critique group to help.
When will your next book be out?
– I am not at all a type-A-schedule-everything kind of person. This, unfortunately, means that I can’t tell you specifically when my next book will be out. I very much write what I feel like writing, when I want. It also depends on how good my sales and reviews are. Most authors and publishers won’t continue a series if it’s not selling or getting positive reviews. You can check my website or sign up for my newsletter to find out about upcoming books.
Will there be another Mind Readers book?
– No, I don’t have plans to write another. Although never say never.
Will there be a second book in the Matchmaker Series?
– Perhaps eventually. I did have plans to write a second book, but unfortunately it hasn’t been as popular as I was hoping, which means it’s been shoved down on the list of importance. Harsh, but true.
Do you have a Facebook or Twitter account?
– I don’t currently have a Facebook or Twitter page. Like so many others, I’ve joined the wave of those deciding to jump off the social media train in search of more free time, and to get away from the petty arguments that social media seems to stir amongst people, myself included. It’s just so hard not to react sometimes! But more importantly I’ve also stopped being active because I’ve unfortunately had some problems with privacy issues. Someone actually stole my photo and started a fake Facebook page with it! Yes, there are many people like that out there. Be careful! I’m not sure if being off social media will be permanent, but I admit that I have much more free time without jumping on Facebook and Twitter every half hour. Even better, my life is much more peaceful.
Will The Mind Readers be made into a Movie or T.V. show anytime soon?
– At the moment, no. It is, unfortunately, out of the author’s hands.
Do you have an agent?
– No. At the moment I don’t find I need one. If you have a question about publishing rights, feel free to contact me.
Thanks so much for stopping by!